Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Love You Beth Cooper - 1 out of 4 Stars

Who Would Love This Movie: Guy who just want to gaze at Hayden Panettiere

Best Mood to Walk In With: Brain dead

Don't See This Movie If: You care about plot or dialogue


I'll be honest. I don't even want to waste time talking about this movie. It was not good and I don't know why anyone would spend money on it unless they (understandably) think Hayden Panettiere is pretty and want to stare at her. However, the movie is so bad that I cannot understand why you would not just rent Heroes on DVD if that was what you were interested in. Needless to say, I did not love Beth Cooper.

I Love You Beth Cooper tries to imitate the zany, adventure, coming of age movies like Superbad and (for those from my generation) Can't Hardly Wait. However, the script doesn't create awkwardly funny scenes like in many modern movies of this genre. Instead the awkwardness translates to uncomfortably strange scenes that make you squirm in your seat. Also, the "tender" parts of the movie are so trite and unbelievable, there is no moment where you truly sympathize with the characters.

Keep Your Eyes Closed For: The cow poop scene made me want to puke in my mouth.
Keep Your Eyes Open For: There was one part that made me laugh. It was the fireside impersonation. I'm not sure if it was just me though.

Overall, don't waste the money. If you're looking for something funny, go see The Hangover (again).

Movies Are Life. ~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment