Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Guest" Blogger

A friend who knows much more about film than I do and is much more aware of non-mainstream flicks has a great blog. I've asked him if I can link it to mine, so hopefully I'll get a go ahead soon. But I just couldn't wait to share one of his entries with you now! He chose what he thinks are the top 20 films of the decade up to now and will be reviewing each of them in his blog. Since I've only seen about a quarter of them and respect his opinion, I'm really excited to see what he has to say about them. Also, I've decided to try and challenge myself to watch each of them. I may not like them as much as he does or maybe I won't like them at all, but I'm excited to open myself up to new types of movies, some of which I've never even heard of. So here's to being open-minded and fun self-challenges! I'll let you know what I think of them as I watch them.

Without further ado, an excerpt from my friend Daniel's blog:

These are the top 20 films of the decade as of now. These will not change. Chosen from just over 2000 films seen from the decade.

* denotes a top 10 film.

* 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days, dir. Cristian Mungiu

Almost Famous, dir. Cameron Crowe

* Amores Perros, dir. Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu

Cidade De Deus, dir. Fernando Meirelles

Dancer in the Dark, dir. Lars Von Trier

* Fa Yeung Nin Wa, dir. Wong Kar Wai

Ghost World, dir. Terry Zwigoff

Happy-Go-Lucky, dir. Mike Leigh

* The Hurt Locker, dir. Kathryn Bigelow

* In the Bedroom, dir. Todd Field

* Lost in Translation, dir. Sofia Coppola

Match Point, dir. Woody Allen

* Mulholland Drive, dir. David Lynch

Paranoid Park, dir. Gus van Sant

Requiem for A Dream, dir. Darren Aronofsky

* Storytelling, dir. Todd Solondz

* Traffic, dir. Steven Soderbergh

Wonder Boys, dir. Curtis Hansen

* Up, dir. Pete Docter

Yi Yi, dir. Edward Yang

Honorable Mention: The Shape of Things, Touching the Void, Irreversible, Me and You and Everyone We Know, La Pianiste.

I'm attempting one a month. Game on! :)

Movies Are Life. ~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment